Spring 2017 Internship Opportunity – Development and Events
Only Make Believe is a non-profit organization that creates and performs interactive theatre for children in hospitals and care facilities in New York and Washington D.C. We are dedicated to the principle that freeing a child’s imagination is a valuable part of the healing process.
Only Make Believe seeks a highly organized and hardworking Development & Events Intern to work with the Corporate Relations and Events Director and Executive Director. This internship will offer invaluable hands-on experience, which includes, but is not limited to, corporate fundraising and volunteer events, young professional events, database management, social media marketing, mid-year giving campaign and assisting with the early preparation of OMB’s annual gala. The ideal candidate has an impeccable attention to detail, an impressive ability to multitask, and the ability to work effectively in high pressure situations. Ideal candidate must be able to work collaboratively and independently on projects and see projects through to completion. The Spring 2017 internship lasts from February to June (dates and schedule flexible), 20 hours per week. College credit is offered.
• Provide support leading up to and during special events, including helping with event set-up, check-in, and break down
• Help maintain development department administrative systems, including database, electronic and hard files
• Assist with obtaining, managing, and acknowledging donors, event attendees, and sponsors
• Creating content for social media posts
• Collaborating with all staff to create and coordinate OMB’s mid-year fundraising appeal
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to receive college credit for the internship
• Independent, hardworking, organized, and diligent
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Strong office and administrative skills; computer experience including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with special events or fundraising a plus
• Available some nights and weekends for special events
• An interest in theatre, youth and/or healthcare
Please email a cover letter and resume with two references (PDF or Word Doc) to Jaime Quiles: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8th, 2017. In person interviews will be scheduled for the week of February 13 – 17, 2017.